SVQ 2020 Summer Update
We are now back functioning as a full SVQ team and keen to get going. This has been a challenging time for everyone, but we have been working and looking at how we re engage with our current candidates and how we continue to provide assessor and internal verifier services for our SVQ customers going forward.
Although we have not been in the office, modern technology has allowed us to keep in touch with each other and meet regularly remotely to look at a strategy and at tools which ,we think, will allow us to carry on as if we are in the CTC office.
Delivering the SVQs has required some creative thinking but we have come up with a plan. Like you we have had to think about being flexible and we are happy to share our plans with you now, they include.
- contact with current candidates to see who wants to continue working towards their SVQ award, we are more than happy to talk to you about this.
- allowing candidates to go on hold if they feel unable to continue with the award.
- working with managers to agree timescales for completion when candidates request a holding position.
- applying for SAAS funding on behalf of candidates eligible for this funding stream. We have piloted a scheme with SAAS to make funding application an electronic process, this has been a great success and we now offer this as our normal application process. You can download / complete a form for part time fee grants on www.saas.gov.uk and return it to us firstname.lastname@example.org where we will complete the application process.
- processing ITA applications which opened again on the 1st July 2020. There have been approx. 1500 applicants for funding since this date and they estimate that they can process 14,000applications so get your application in quickly.
- This can be used towards training and SVQ level 2 awards see this at; https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/
- delivery of SVQ is now completely remote and we are using technology assists (video link, Zoom, Teams etc) to facilitate induction, work feedback and assessment planning with candidates. We will be using an E portfolio system exclusively moving forward.
- using guidance from SQA/SSSC/Care Inspectorate which is assisting us in all assessment processes with candidates we cannot physically come to you to do Direct Observation but we can use other flexible forms of assessmentclick on the link to see these here; https://news.sssc.uk.com/news/guidance-svq-assessment
- we are open now to accept new applications for all levels of SVQ awards please go to the website www.caretrain.co.ukor contact us on email@example.com for more information about these.
Like all of you, we are having to get used to new ways of working but we hope the systems we now have in place will help your ongoing training and qualification needs. We are so glad to be back and hope we can see you all in person very soon.
Meeting Your Training Needs
The training offered will change over different periods of the year and in relation to changes in practice, we need to keep this fresh & up to date.