We hope you are well. It’s been a challenging few months for us all, but let’s hope we are moving into a more settled time and a new normal which will come with its own challenges. At CTC we have been working as a team from our home offices planning a way forward with both training and SVQ awards. The training you will hear about separately and we have some exciting developments going on there, so watch this space !
Delivering the SVQs have required some creative thinking but we think we have come up with a plan. Like you we have had to think about being flexible and we are happy to share our plans with you now, they include.
- contact with current candidates to see who wants to continue working towards their SVQ award, we are more than happy to talk to you about this.
- allowing candidates to go on hold if they feel unable to continue with the award.
- working with managers to agree timescales for completion when candidates request a holding position.
- applying for SAAS funding on behalf of candidates eligible for this funding stream. We are piloting a scheme with SAAS to make funding application an electronic process.
- processing ITA applications AFTER 1st July when this funding stream re opens. This can be used towards training and SVQ level 2 awards see this at; https://www.myworldofwork.co.uk/
- delivery of SVQ is now completely remote and we are using technology assists (video link, Zoom, Teams etc) to facilitate induction, work feedback and assessment planning with candidates. We will be using an E portfolio system exclusively moving forward.
- using guidance from SQA/SSSC/Care Inspectorate which is assisting us in all assessment processes with candidates …. we can’t come to you to do Direct Observation but we can use other flexible forms of assessmentclick on the link to see these here; https://news.sssc.uk.com/news/guidance-svq-assessment
- we are open now to accept new applications for all levels of SVQ awards please go to the website www.caretrain.co.ukor contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information about these.
Like all of you, we are having to get used to new ways of working but we hope the systems we now have in place will help your ongoing training and qualification needs. We are so glad to be back and hope we can see you all in person very soon.
Meeting Your Training Needs
The training offered will change over different periods of the year and in relation to changes in practice, we need to keep this fresh & up to date.